How to look after your Pilgrims
To ensure you enjoy your candle experience and get the most out of it, we got some tips for you.
- When burning your candle for the first time, burn it until the entire wax surface has melted 2-3 hours. This will create a candle memory, a clean and even burn and the scent can fully evolve.
- Trim your cotton wick to 5 mm each time before lighting. Best to do this with a wick cutter when the wax is dry, ensuring an even and smoke free burn.
- Never leave your candle burning longer than 4 hours at a time.
- Wood wick thickness and grain can vary as it's a natural product, which will cause every candle to burn a little bit differently, but despite these variations, wood wicks provide a unique burning experience with their romantic glow and sound of crackling wood fire.
- Some wood wicks need a bit more love and take a bit longer when lightning them for the first time. Additional Tip: Light the wick by holding the vessel on an angle. This will allow the flame to slowly reach across the wick.
- Wood wicks only need a tiny trim. Just clean off the burnt wood from previous burn.
Some safety precautions to keep in mind
- Never leave a burning candle unattended
- Only burn the candle on a fire resistant, level surface.
- Do not attempt to extinguish the candle with water.
- Keep away from little hands, pets and flammable materials.
- Do not use the wooden lid to extinguish the candle.
- Do not move a burning candle and avoid touching it, as the glass gets hot.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.